Below is a list of all the most recent press releases for Wild Dunes Resort.
WHAT’S NEW AT WILD DUNES RESORT
WILD DUNES RESORT UNVEILS NEW SUMMER OFFERINGS & AMENITIES
Charleston, S.C., April 22, 2013 – For years, Wild Dunes Resort has served as the ultimate summer playground for families, couples and golf and tennis enthusiasts. Located on the Atlantic Ocean, just 30 minutes from historic Charleston, the resort offers 36 holes of golf, 17 tennis courts, watersports, nature excursions, recreation programs, spa services, and a variety of restaurants to satisfy every visitor’s palate.
Just in time for Summer 2013, the resort has introduced its comprehensive summer vacation planner as well as new offerings and amenities ranging from shrimp at the spa, Sunday s’mores at the beach, serene outings on the sea, and celebrations of moonshine.
Shrimp and Grits Find Way into The Spa: Fitness & Wellness
Guests can invest in personal time with Wild Dunes Resort’s full service spa and a variety of wellness and fitness programs on property. New offerings for the summer include:
- Paddleboarding Fitness - Workouts are offered on the pristine waters of the Isle of Palms, integrating strengthening exercises derived from Pilates and Yoga while aboard a paddleboard. In an hour and 15 minutes, beginners and expert paddleboarders alike can expect to burn more calories than running on a treadmill.
- Tea Plantation Facial - A 50-minute calming facial utilizing organic teas to gently soothe, cleanse and moisturize skin.
- Shrimp and Grits Facial - Mom can get pampered alongside her little shrimp with a facial treatment for girls utilizing the gentle exfoliating properties of corn, the base of Charleston’s beloved grits.
- Push Your Tush- an energetic beachfront bootcamp that leaves participants rejuvenated and ready to start the day.
Whole Family Scores Hole in One: Family Outings
Families integrate relaxation and quality time with excursions and outings found in the summer vacation planner. A few highlights of family activities include:
- The Junior Fazio Tees on the Links Golf Course - Families can enjoy a round of golf together on the Links Course with junior tees ranging from 45 yards to 300 yards.
- Family Fun Fossil Hunt - A Master Naturalist takes guests on a kayak tour through the marshes and along the coast to estuary sandbars in search shark teeth, vertebrae, stingray crunchers and more. Along the way, kayakers can enjoy the company of dolphins.
- Sunday Night Family Firepit at Palm Cove - Families can end the day with dinner poolside, a cocktail and a s’more roast over an open firepit.
- TGIF Parents Night Off - Parents end the week with alone time, while kids gather for a pizza party followed by a night of games, crafts, and movies.
New Amenities Come with Attitude Adjustments: Amenities
Wild Dunes Resort’s natural setting, coupled with numerous amenities gives guests endless opportunities to adjust attitudes to relaxation mode, including the brand new Palm Cove Pool.
- Palm Cove Pool - Adults can kick back with a cocktail, while kids kick back in the Cove Pool. A new zero entry pool complete with a poolside bar featuring “Attitude Adjustment Happy Hour” daily, adult pool games on Thursday nights and live entertainment on Fridays.
Wild Dunes Resort is over the Moon for Moonshine: Food and Beverage
With easy access to fresh seafood from the Atlantic, fresh produce from local farmlands, and delicious beverages distilled and brewed miles from the resort, Wild Dunes Resort dedicates menus to embrace locally sourced goods to give guests a fresh farm-to-table seasonal menu. This summer local moonshine moves to the top of both cocktail and dinner menus.
- Old Plow Mule -
1.5oz Basil Hayden Bourbon
2 oz Goslings Ginger Beer
.5 oz Lime Juice
Splash Dark Corner Moonshine
Combine ice, bourbon, lime juice, ginger beer and stir. Splash of Moonshine and a lime to finish.
- SC Moonshine Tuna - Sea Island Grill features SC Moonshine Tuna, served with minted Edamame puree, SC Stone fruit, Trumpet Mushrooms, Phyllo Shards and Coconut.
- Chefs Table - Once a month, Sea Island Grill Chef, hosts a special seven course dinner and wine pairing to showcase exclusive entrees.
Wild Dunes Resort offers the best of both worlds with 1,600 acres of oceanfront paradise and easy access to the cultural hub of Charleston. To make a reservation and learn more about Wild Dunes Resort, call toll-free 877-221-0901 or visit http://www.wilddunes.com/.
About Wild Dunes Resort
Nestled on the northern tip of Isle of Palms, a lush barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, Wild Dunes Resort is located less than 30 minutes from the charm and grace of historic Charleston. The Resort occupies 1,600 acres of oceanfront paradise with a variety of accommodations ranging from the AAA Four-Diamond Rated Boardwalk Inn and The Village at Wild Dunes to private condos and luxury home vacation rentals. Offering a year-round menu of championship golf, nationally-ranked tennis, award-winning recreation, spa services and restaurant options, Wild Dunes Resort has been distinguished by many publications and associations as a top destination for families, golfers, tennis lovers, and meeting and event planners. It is one of more than 30 independent, upscale and luxury hotels, resorts and golf clubs in the United States managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, the fourth largest independent hospitality management company in the country. Visit Wild Dunes Resort online on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
About Destination Hotels & Resorts
Destination Hotels & Resorts is a privately held hospitality management company headquartered in Colorado. With nearly 40 independent, luxury and upscale hotels, resorts and golf clubs, Destination is the fourth largest hospitality management company in the country. The company’s portfolio features more than 9,100 guest rooms, 18 golf courses and 16 full-service spas. Destination Hotels & Resorts properties are located in key metropolitan and resort markets including Washington, D.C., Chicago, Seattle, Denver, San Diego, Santa Fe, Aspen, Phoenix, Portland, Palm Springs, Palos Verdes, Maui and Lake Tahoe. The company is a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based investment, development and management firm Lowe Enterprises.
For a complete list of properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection, please visit http://www.destinationhotels.com/.