Chef Cali's Thanksgiving Corn Chowder
Looking for last minute recipes for your Thanksgiving spread? Chef Cali shares one of his favorite Thanksgiving recipes that's perfect for the holiday or any day!
1/2 c Olive Oil
8 Ears of Fresh Corn Kernels removed from the cob
8 oz Salted Pork diced 1/8” cubes
2 T Butter
2 Celery Stalks diced 1/4” cubes
1 Lg Carrot peeled & diced 1/4” cubes
1 Lg Spanish Onion diced 1/4” cubes
2 Garlic Cloves finely minced
3 T All Purpose Flour
1 c White Wine
2 Lg Russet Potatoes peeled & diced 1/2” cubes
1 qt Chicken Broth
3 c Heavy Cream
2 t Fresh Thyme
Method of Preparation:
1. Coat corn kernels in olive oil and spread evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast corn in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes until slightly browned.
2. In a 4 qt stock pot, heat salted sork until crispy on medium high heat, and then add butter. When butter is melted add celery, carrot, and onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Then add garlic and continue sauté for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, stir in flour and cook until flour leaves a thin film on bottom of pan.
3. Deglaze with white wine and reduce liquid by half. Add potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 12 minutes. Add heavy cream and simmer for 8 minutes.
4. Stir in fresh thyme and season with S&P to taste.
5. This 10 oz assortment of cooked and diced protein can be added to this recipe as a variation. (Try crab, lobster, or chicken.)
6. Serve and enjoy!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Have any favorite recipes of your own? Post a comment to share!